Program – Virtual Web-Summit
Wednesday June 24th
Ethiopian local time (+3 GMT), Central Europe, Cairo, Johannesburg -1h, UK, Lagos -2h, Dubai +1h, Hong Kong, Beijing +5h
Welcome remarks and practical information
H.E. Dagmawit Moges
Minister of Transport
Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
Group Chief Executive Officer
Air Cargo in Africa During and Beyond Turbulent Times
- What sort of air cargo industry will emerge in Africa beyond Corona?
- The role of regulatory reforms in order to support air carriers and the air freight industry in Africa
- How to cope with volatility prevalent in today’s market?
- Where and in which segments will market growth return first?
Session moderator: Sanjeev Gadhia, Chief Executive Officer, Astral Aviation
Fitsum Abady, Managing Director, Ethiopian Cargo & Logistics Services
Abderahmane Berthé, Secretary General, AFRAA-African Airlines Association
Glyn Hughes, Global Head of Cargo, IATA-International Air Transport Association
Pramod Bagalwadi, Chief Executive Officer Sub-Saharan Africa, DHL Global Forwarding
Restoring Cargo Capacity in Africa
- Impact on trade and commerce in Africa
- How to deal with air freight capacity shortages?
- Overcoming operational challenges
- Can cargo-only passenger flights provide needed capacity in Africa?
Session moderator: Lars-Gunnar Comén, Director, Euroavia International
Sanjeev Gadhia, Chief Executive Officer, Astral Aviation
Hesham Elewa, Vice President Cargo Director, Egyptair & Cargo Committee Chairman, AFRAA
Henrik Ambak, Sr. Vice President Cargo Operations Worldwide, Emirates
Zayed Nouamani, Head of Cargo Sales, Royal Air Maroc
Flower/Perishables Logistics in Africa – Impact of Covid-19 Crisis
- Challenges for African flower producers
- Avenues for restoring air cargo capacity for flower and perishables markets
- Trends in flower and fruit logistics
- Prospects for the Ethiopian flower industry
Session moderator: Steven Polmans, Director of Cargo & Logistics Business Development, Brussels Airport & Chairman, TIACA
Jeroen Van Der Hulst, Managing Director, FlowerWatch
Frank Ammerlaan, Managing Director, AQ Roses LLC/Rosa Plaza
Zelalem Messele, Board Chairman, EHPEA-Ethiopian Horticulture Producers & Exporters Association
Peter Musola, Manager Cargo Commercial, Kenya Airways
Air Cargo Industry Emerging from Covid-19 Crisis – Global Perspectives
- The future of global supply chains
- Key forces acting on market demand – What will point to new opportunities?
- What is the next phase in cross-border e-commerce?
- Will we see a move from air freight to sea/road modes?
- Challenges for airports & cargo handling companies
Session moderator: Thomas Crabtree, Market Analysis-Air Cargo, Boeing Commercial Airplanes
Wilson Kwong, Chief Executive, HACTL-Hong Kong Air Cargo Terminals
Stefan Pargfrieder, Vice President Digital Products & Strategy Global Air Freight, Schenker AG
Steven Verhasselt, Vice President Commercial & Strategy, Liege Airport
Joshua Collingwood, Regional Director-Air Cargo Market Analysis, Boeing Commercial Airplanes
Concluding Remarks & End of Conference
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the program may change.